The Environment – Our future!
Our commitment to the environment is significant.
Everything we do at Delfinbuss is in consideration of the environment - from waste-sorting in our office to running our garage on solar cell electricity. Naturally, we also use HVO (environmental-friendly and fossil-free diesel) to reduce pollution.
Our mission is to become Sweden's most environmentally friendly coach-company.
The diesel engine is still the most efficient choice when running a heavy vehicle. HVO is a synthetic diesel which is created by different waste & decay products, as vegetable- and animal fats and oils. Electricity is not yet a realistic alternative for a charter service coach.
The next step in our environmental work was that we, from the 13th of October 2017 installed a 19,25 kW solar cells facility which runs our garage in Sollentuna. Where we wash, empty the toilets, charge and repair our 20 buses. The facility produces a lot of electricity, so we are also able to sell the surplus!
Our environmental policy
- All our co-workers strive to reduce our environmental impact. We have continued on-going education regarding environmental issues, fuel-reducing and environmentally friendly ways to carry out our vehicles.
- When we purchase new vehicles, we always choose the highest environmental classification (Euro6 or newer)
- No bus should be older than 10 years.
- When we purchase chemicals and oils, we always use the most environmentally friendly products.
- The fuel to our vehicles should be environmentally friendly diesel or alternative environmentally friendly fuel.
- We demand that our subcontractors have the same high standards as us, to help us, help the environment.
- Our facilities are powered by solar cells and the surplus is being sold for re-use.
- We recycle all our waste, both in our office and garage.
- 98% of our invoices are sent by email.
Our Environmental goals:
- 2018 Garage is powered by solar cells from our own solar-panel (goal achieved)
- 2020 All of our buses should be Euro6 or newer.
- 2022 Environmentally friendly HVO-fuel or cleaner fuel will be used on all buses, where the pollution of greenhouse gas will be halved, based on 2017 year’s data.
- 2030 Electric coaches will be purchased and used.
Don’t forget; To travel in a group is a climat-smart choice!